NURSE PRACTITIONERS NEED TO KNOW THE BUSINESS SIDE OF OUR PROFESSION IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Reimbursement is changing. The NP needs to know how a practice is billing for their services.
"Incident to" billing is problematic in these new payment models.
- NP programs prepare you for clinical practice but few teach the practical, business aspect of our profession necessary in
today’s healthcare climate.
-Staying current with coding and billing information may prevent costly errors.
- Most providers under code their patient visits. ESP NPs
- Learn the nuances in "coding smarter not harder" and prove your worth to a practice or increase your income in your own
- Increasing income to a practice enables the NP to earn greater productivity pay, RVU’s and higher bonus structures.
- Whether you are a new grad or a seasoned professional this information is so valuable.